For our anniversary this year, Jonathan had a surprise planned for me. Because I don't like to be out of control (something I'm working on), I was a bit freaked out, so my friend just kept referring to the trip as "Said Destination."
The destination was this amazing place called Nurtured By Nature. People like us who go & pay for our play-time with the animals are also providing the lovely people who run this thing with the funds to give kids with life-long or terminal illnesses the chance to play with these animals as well.
We got to meet a sloth, which Jonathan was stoked on. That was a nice surprise for him! The baby fennec fox was the cutest thing ever. But my favorite part was swimming with the otters. Oh. My. Gah. It was just amazing. I love otters. They're just the coolest, cutest little dudes. Getting to spend some one-on-one time with them in a swimming pool was the best. My life was made that day!
Let's just say that Jonathan is REALLY good at surprises!
- Pack for anything.
- Always bring a swim suit, towel, & sunscreen!
- Use Sunbum's zinc formulas, as they stay put in water longer & are chemical-free.
- Get yourself a LifeProof case for your waterproof photo snapping needs.
- Hats are a great way to hide from the sun & stay cool, invest in one you don't mind thrashing.
- Make a playlist with enough jams to get you anywhere.
Recluse T-shirt from Stay Home Club.
Check out more on Instagram >>