Overwhelmed & out of breath, I am lost as to what is appropriate here. What do I say? What do I do with my hands?
I'll be turning 27 soon. Isn't that a feat? At 27 wasn't I supposed to have some job at a fun corporation, writing, doing what I loved? Wasn't I supposed to have a family, a home? Wasn't I supposed to have it all figured out? Sorry self, I supposed you'll just have to deal with what I CAN give you.
In 7 days I'll be 27. I'll be in school, in love, on the road to paying off debt, making room for improvements like moving out of that house I once called home. I will be holding hands with the man I love, watching my puppy lick frosting from my legs, not knowing how it got there in the first place. I will take a deep breath, I will close my eyes, & I will laugh. I'll laugh at all the ridiculous cards I've been dealt & how I've managed to stay sane, stay open, stay true. I'll laugh at my dog, how I almost lost him, how he means the world to me - this little brown beagle. I'll laugh at how me & Jonathan met, how I love his name, how I'll never stop getting butterflies from his touch, the thought of him, his voice, his love. I'll laugh at how silly we all look in our party dresses, drinking champagne, eating sparkling cake, enjoying life for what it is because I'll be damned if I don't.
What's not to enjoy? This is all overwhelmingly amazing. This is perfection.
I'll remember when I first met Jonathan, & how I knew he was the one for me. I'll remember all the friends I've loved & lost, & how even though it's dead & gone, the past has shaped me into this creature of myths. I could have never dreamed up a love like this, a life so golden, a poetic self. Beatniks be damned, I refuse to rhyme my words, or connect my thoughts. Because all of this is what matters most. This purity, this love, this life I'm living. With the warm Autumn air flowing through the window, the sound of a skipping record left unattended from the night before, the smell of flowers. "I'll always keep fresh flowers in my home." I always said that. I still do. & I do. With everything so perfect what's the point of unappreciative thoughts, overly-high standards, & the desire for more? Nothing.
So, here's to you, 27. May this be my year to grow. To grow up, to grow out, to grow in. In love, in light, & in this magical world we live in. Here's to you, & here's to me, because damn - we've made it so far.
Here's to now.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Monday, September 3, 2012
Hi there, & happy Labor Day! Since today is, in fact, Labor Day, & it's the first Monday of September (ahem, my birthday month), I thought I'd give us a little bit of party music to dance to. & since the theme of my birthday party this year is "Champagne" - whether I have a party or not, I figured I'd go with the most well fitting song there is. Enjoy the music & have a wonderful day off! (I really hope most of you have today off).
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Oh, September - how I love you, so! This is the month of Fall - Autumn air, pumpkin lattes, apple cider, changing leaves... Oh, wait, I live in California, which means it's still going to be pretty damn hot, but you can bet yer ass I'll be partaking in most of these Fall goodies way ahead of the schedule. Also, it's my birthday month, so I can. So there.
1. This month is all mine - me, me, me. So first off, is getting back to me. Starting this month, I'll be keeping a weekly record of how I did with taking care of my body throughout the week (food/workouts/weight), & sharing it with my friend Vivs. We'll be helping each other get out of our annual end of Summer slump.
2. I really want to dedicate more time to this blog, so I'm making it a goal to blog on here at least four times a week. I'll at least have Music Monday going, Wednesday's Wisdom, the Friday accountability posts that I haven't named yet, & Linkage on Saturdays.
3. Something I really need to work on is being more appreciative, thankful, grateful - whatever you want to call it, I need to appreciate what I have, & enjoy life for everything it is - good & bad.
4. Starting this month, I'll also be on a nice road to moving out. I've set up my car payment so that I'm paying almost $100 more a month, in order to get rid of the debt within the next year or so. Hopefully by January 2014, I can think about moving out with my honey & our animals!
5. This is going to be a hard one, but even though this is my month, I decided that I am NOT going to buy myself anything that I don't need. That includes food, gas, toiletries - no frivolous spending.
6. One goal that's a bit more on the selfish side is that I WILL have a birthday party this year. I don't care if it's just me & Jonathan - there WILL be decorations, champagne, champagne cupcakes, & golden balloons everywhere, I promise you. (Turbo might get some bling, too).
7. Lastly, I'd like to make more time for Turbo. I might even make myself take a photo of him to post on here once a week, possibly. Don't think I wont... I've just been so busy lately, & I feel like he really needs more of my lovin on the daily.
I hope you all have an amazing September, & Autumnal Equinox! Oh, & just for fun, here are three of my favorite Fall Signature Cocktails, enjoy!